9 steps to go from 'Unworthy' to 'Worthy'
By Lori Hammond
Coach and Professional Hypnotist. Giving you simple tools to stop overwhelm and harness joyful forward momentum.
This week my cheat sheet is about helping people who feel unworthy, unlovable, or unseen.
I chose this topic because so many people - myself included - have been feeling this way lately.
In fact, I've noticed that this issue seems to be at the root of most problems, such as...
- Drinking/smoking too much
- Not reaching goals
- Feeling anxious or afraid
- Feeling lonely or depressed
If I could show you a simple way to send love to the part of you that feels unworthy, would you be interested?
Especially if you knew that doing so would help you with that problem you've been dealing with?
I'm hoping you'll be willing to try it right now and notice the difference it makes.
Yes, I actually want you to do this with me while you read because it ensures you'll remember to do it often from now on.
The following technique is called havening.
Or at least it's the Lori Hammond version of havening. I'm brand new to the process.
Just follow the steps below as you read. . .
- Notice the negative emotion (examples: craving, anxiety, depression, worry, fear, boredom - yep, those are all emotions).
If you're not feeling any of those things right now, simply pretend to feel them so you can practice for when you do feel them.
- Rate the intensity of the emotion on a scale of 1-10. One means you can hardly notice it's there and ten feels excruciating.
- Cross your arms in front of you and place your left hand on your right shoulder and your right hand on your left shoulder.
- Look around the room and find 3 blue objects.
- Gently run your hands down your arms toward your elbows, over and over again.
- Keep stroking and imagine you're walking on a peaceful beach or quiet, peaceful road. Count each slow peaceful step you take out loud. 1...2...3... and so on, up to 20 - while you keep stroking your arms.
- Keep your head facing straight forward then look to the left, then right 3 times each - while you keep stroking your arms.
- Say to yourself. . . "Peace....Comfort....Health....Safety" or any other words that make you feel soothed.
- Stop stroking your arms and check back in with the feeling you had at the beginning. Notice how the intensity has changed on a scale of 1-10
Feel free to repeat until the emotion is down to a 1 or becomes impossible to find.
Ok, I know that's a lot of steps but you'll get good at it really quickly. Since it only takes a minute or two, you can do it anytime to let yourself feel better right away.
If you notice cravings for junk food, alcohol, cigarettes etc during the day, you can use this havening technique to release the craving.
Each time you do it, you're literally rewiring your brain to find comfort without food.
You can also do this when you notice yourself feeling anxious, depressed, or lonely.
I hope you love this technique. I've found a great deal of comfort by using it myself.
Have an amazing week!
Join Lori's Next Group Hypnosis Session
Do you feel lonely and need to connect?
Are you struggling and need extra support and guidance?
Join me for a deeply relaxing, enjoyable group hypnosis session this coming Tuesday.
Experience healing in the place where struggle used to be.
I'd love to see you there!DISCOVER TRANCY TUESDAYS
Next Session Starts Soon!